3.5K views

Update by user Nov 05, 2011

Here is an update:

In order to sue them, I would have to get an Australien lawyer, since the medication is shipped from Australia.

I finally got in touch with them and I was told I would get my money back. In this email they said:

\"It is unfortunate that Revolution did not work for your pets.You may try other products available in our website in the future.\"

So, regarding their statement, it is not the product, it is THE CATS and that is why the medication does not work. Seriously?

This is big time fraud and I hope the police will investigate soon and shut down this company.

Original review posted by user Nov 05, 2011

I have been ordering "Revolution" from Pet Shed for last last six

months and spent $240.

The "Revolution" they sell is ineffective. I am a volunteer for a cat rescue organization and use Revolution all the time. I treated 4 cats, infested with fleas and earmites and nothing happened.

Also, supposedly, Pet Shed is available 24 hours on 365 days but everytime I call the answering machine jumps on. It is also not possible to leave

a customer review, even if you follow the steps to do so.

I am very upset since I have spent so much money for nothing and I

would love to send the product to a lab to have it tested and sue them.

Had an Experience with Pet Shed?

Comments

I liked petshed.com products better then petmeds.com .pet meds both my mother and me bought flea meds at pet meds that did NOT work! I might of had to wait at petshed.com but they flea medicine did work!

Tacoma, Washington, United States #963762

I've had quite the opposite experience with Petshed regarding a complaint about flea control meds.I contacted them and they promptly sent out a better, more effective brand at no charge.

That's the good.

Now for the bad.

It's been about 2 years since I've ordered anything and recently ordered some wormers.

It's been 3 weeks and after looking at my bank statement, it appears they are now based in CHINA.I was also charged an international fee that I was not charged in the past.

Very disappointed.

Los Angeles, California, United States #914578

I too recently purchased Revolution for Cats and from the smell of it and the continued flea bites on my cat, I don't think it's the real thing.It appears to be an ineffective knock off.

Be careful. I didn't realize it was being shipped from Asia when I ordered it, but I was excited about the cheap price. I read an article recently about all the fraud going on online.

I believe this company is shipping fake meds.

This is bad b/c you lose money, and worse, your pet could be injured.

South Carolina, United States #869041

You cannot use pet shed as an alternative to Veterinary care. You still need to take you pet to the Vet to be weighed to make sure you're giving the proper dosage and you need to treat your pet every month to ensure it will be fully protected.

I am a very pleased Pet Shed customer. I haven't seen a flea on my rescued beagle since the day I got him more than a year. My cat occasionally may pick one up somewhere but the last time I took both animals to our veterinarian they were combed and not one iota of flea "dirt".

Not all animals repsond the same way to medicines. Having made the compalint that you did, I would urge you to go ahead and have a qualified laboratory analyze the product. Unfortunately we live in a litigious society and the firs time soemthing happens that some folks don't like, it's "I'm going to sue". Trust me about the legal system ... I know it quite intimately.

Now I need to place my order .....

P.S. - It's never taken more than a week for their prodcut to get to me here in the state of Washington.

to Robert C. Zornes #1399767

Well, did you notice you had to click the "Pissed Consumer Terms of Service" agreement to post, which is a Las Vegas company?that was funny, personally!>

Global economy, clever business model - why do you think the rich who are about to get 'caught' pump all their money into offshore accounts?

I'm not up on international trade laws but checked Singapore briefly and it's in an interesting situation in terms of the islands/independent states and the country umbrella it pulled out from.

I NEED Advantage Multi but have to rely on a vet for a Rx, and my story is apparently beyond belief. Even with a jar and a bag full of evidence, they always find a way to dismiss what's right under their nose. Until I find the magical vet genie and wish for a vet with fresh eyes and curiosity, I'm beyond thrilled to get Australia's packaging of the identical product.

(recall Chevy Nova's entry into Mexico and the amazing flop? No-Go.....? Companies must take into account culture). Additionally, Oz's NexGard has a second ingredient the US version doesn't, but I don't think that's the issue at all.

My dog is on NexGard for demodex, handed to me from a US vet, and was still being eaten alive once the flea infestation in this disgusting place hit critical mass. I put a topical poison on him and my cat (who was scratching his face off at this point). US acquired Advantage II. Instant relief.

The place was sprayed. I vacuum a lot (dyson animal),...

Topicals say "no earlier than 2 weeks" because they know the efficacy ramps down while still protecting against the occasional flea. But once I saw the dirt/evidence everywhere (both cat and dog are meticulous groomers), and on the towel after the 2x/week 10-minute steep medicated bath for co-infections of skin, I knew my environment was beyond anything I could keep up with.

I've found essential oil based products to work for fleas but can't attest them addressing the entire life cycle. Eggs and larva can hang around for a while, are in every nook and cranny, I shudder to even think about the carpet. Add a cat acrobat/closet sneaking/under bed unreachable shedder of the nasties, and given the number of eggs they lay, all the larva hanging out dormant in the crevices of pet beds, corners, globs on your walls you haven't noticed yet.....just washing isn't enough.

You gotta get into those seams! And I've learned the approach to treating fleas is to poison the animals long enough for you to clean clean clean and spray spray spray until the numbers finally reduce and hopefully go away. I have yet to see an actual flea, it's weird.

Just the evidence and two miserable animals!(and 5 other units sprayed the same day mine was).

Los Angeles, California, United States #692378

Revolution is ***...no matter what country it comes from.

Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States #673288

When Frontline stopped working on Georgia fleas, I was forced to switch meds.I found Revolution at Pet Shed and have used it since 2004 on 3 dogs and 2 cats.

NEVER has any dog tested positive for heartworm. NEVER has there been a flea or tick on any animal since the 1st day. My kids and friends who use it report the same.

So what is wrong with the product?Nothing.

Stan Burns :grin

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #654728

I've used on my indoor cats but real challenge was a stray that we took in and quarantined infested with fleas and ear mites.I've described to many people that the fleas were jumping the first day when revolution was applied.

The next day the fleas looked drunk as I used a flea comb to check daily to check when I could put him with my other cats. By the third day all the fleas combed appeared dead.

I kept him away from the other cats a few more days.But I thought this was dramatic.

Read the small print it doesn't cover a lot, the manufacturer not the distributor, that's why I use frontline plus and a separate heartworm, no problem. :)